Internship details – video
Internship Opportunities with Motif Magazine
Motif Magazine is dedicated to the arts and entertainment in RI and surrounding areas, and to bringing readers alternative local news about subjects of all kinds. Motif was established to bring to light some of the amazing music, arts and culture happening around Rhode Island that was escaping coverage by the media.
Since December 2012, Motif has been published by Mike Ryan, who is focusing on making the listings and coverage as comprehensive as possible – online and in paper. In addition to our current implementation of a more structured Social Media presence, Motif is also in process of developing ideas to enhance brand recognition.
Motif is a free paper, supported in its mission by generous advertisers, and distributed twice a month to over 1,000 locations around RI with a readership of 20,000 or more. Issues are typically kept on hand for up to 7 days, with an average of 2.4 readers sharing a single issue.
Two office days per week, 4 hrs each. Depending on internship requirements, interns may do additional hours. Interns should also be covering roughly two events per month and producing stories related to coverage.
Are you a budding photojournalist or videographer interested in arts and entertainment in Rhode Island? Or are you just really into Rhode Island and want to really dig into what makes the state great? An internship experience with Motif Magazine might be just the thing for you.
Motif takes on several interns each semester to help produce content for both print and online.
- Film and edit Motif TV, a web series detailing events in Rhode Island
- Film, photograph, and edit stories detailing events in the area
- College students (undergrad or grad) studying Journalism, Communications, Video Production, or similar fields
- Knowledge of standard workplace technology.
- Experience in capturing and editing video (Adobe Premiere ideal)
- Photography experience.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently on projects while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
- Previous internship or news writing experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS ideal but not necessary.
Please send your resume, cover letter and any existing video samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter & Samples in the Subject line.