For once, Carly Simon, we’re right! And it has nothing to do with our vanity! Though we can’t deny we have a healthy dose of it. How much do you know about these songs that are most definitely about RI?
- This iconic performer sings she was “Fully Matured by the Time she was Ten” in My Sweet Rhode Island Red.
ANSWER: Tina Turner
2. In this song written by Paul Williams, a certain amphibean laments leaving Rhode Island.
ANSWER: “Movin’ Right Along” from The Muppet Movie
3. This Beatles parody band sang about “Shaking Maracas in Rhode Island” in their song Calico Girlfriend Samba
ANSWER: The Monkees
4. The classic “Rhode Island is Famous For You,” popularized by Blossom Dearie, started off as part of what musical?
ANSWER: The musical revue Inside, U.S.A.
5. This song about the raping and pillaging of the west begins with the lyric: She came from Providence, One in Rhode Island, Where the old world shadows hang heavy in the air….
ANSWER: “The Last Resort” by The Eagles