Whether you are slimming down for summer or just enjoy want to fresh seasonal produce, try these simple recipes (with or without the cannabis) to bring more health and happiness to your home this spring!
Combine in a blender until smooth:
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale (stems removed)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen fruit of choice (try strawberries, pineapple, or mango)
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp full-spectrum CBD oil
- ¼ cup almond milk or coconut water (add more while blending until desired smoothie thickness is reached)
Optional additions include 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp hemp protein powder, 1/4 cup nut butter, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 tsp turmeric and/or 1 tsp spirulina. You could also add cannabis-infused coconut oil or decarboxylated flower or kief for more medicinal benefits!
For the dressing:
Blend two scallions and half a jalapeño pepper in a blender. Add 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup cannabis-infused oil, 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey and 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and blend until smooth.
Drizzle over local seasonal produce like butter lettuce, radishes and snap peas, or just dip carrots in the dressing for a healthy snack!
This healthy cannabis carrot cake is a great way to upgrade your spring baking game — just remember to always keep cannabis infusions and baked goods safely away from children.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×9 inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients minus the coconut oil. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Finely grate 2 to 3 carrots. Use a paper towel to squeeze as much of the moisture out as possible.
- Add carrots to wet ingredients and mix. Then, add in dry ingredients and mix.
- Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix. Transfer batter into a 9×9 inch pan and into the oven.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes. Let cool for at least an hour before frosting.