Weather

First Snow of the Season Likely Sun Night: Little to no accumulation expected

At Providence, precipitation is likely Sun 6pm – Mon 2am, and could include the first snow of the season although temperatures a few degrees above freezing should prevent any accumulation above a fraction of an inch. Precipitation could begin as early as Sat 10pm and end as late as Mon 6am, but the probability is around 15% at each of these extremes and will exceed 50% only for a few hours peaking at 55% Sun 9pm – 11pm, so the chance of no precipitation at all is around 45%.

Probability of accumulation at least 0.1in is 57%, 1in is 1%, 2in is near 0%. Substantially higher amounts are expected to the north and west of Providence, as far as Worcester MA, Springfield MA, and Hartford CT, so travelers should take note.

The next chance of rain will be Thu night.



image_pdfimage_print