This Thanksgiving will be like no other in our lifetimes. Some of us will be thrilled to avoid political arguments with disagreeing family members, crowded airports or that dreaded oyster stuffing. Some of us will actually miss seeing our family and friends, and cannot imagine the holiday without our favorite dish. Regardless, most of us will not be cooking for a large group, leaving us wondering, “Is it worth all the time, effort and money for just the four of us, especially when the kids only eat the turkey leg and the mashed potatoes?”
If you find yourself asking that question, the solution is simple: Order a meal from one of Rhode Island’s incredible yet struggling restaurants. You’ll not only get an amazing meal cooked for you, you can feel good that you’re supporting an industry to which the pandemic has not been kind.
Here is a list of local restaurants and businesses offering Thanksgiving meals that you can still order up until Sunday, November 22 (unless otherwise specified).
For a traditional Turkey dinner, these restaurants are offering a variety of options from full meals to individual dinners:
- Food Works, Portsmouth has dinner for two, or a family style feeding up to six. Order by Friday, 11/20. 4b322ad7-c804-45b5-b36b-ec0f569f0616.filesusr.com/ugd/cabd85_b18dafef539741f4a4dbe8f098f09699.pdf
- Gulf Stream Bar & Grille, Portsmouth is a great option for those who want to fire up the oven, as the Gulf has created take and bake options. Order by Friday, 11/20. gulfstreambar.com
- Paquettes, East Providence offers individual servings, the full meal or a la carte selection. Call 443-4300 by Saturday 11/21. paquettesrestaurant.com/2020/10/17/our-thanksgiving-menu-is-now-available/
- The George on Washington, Providence recently opened in the former home of Local 121. This cozy spot is offering dine-in options from 12-6 on Thanksgiving. thegeorge-onwashington.com
- The Mariner Grille, Narragansett allows you to choose between turkey dinner or prime rib. Call 284-3282 to order. marinergrille.com
- Greggs (all locations) has turkey, ham or prime rib dinners, and of course more desserts than anyone could eat in a lifetime. There is no deadline for pre-orders. togoorder.com/web/4590#/o/2/f/1/m/11952//s/177397/items
- Finns Harbourside, East Greenwich helps those looking to add some seafood to their holiday meal. Order the “feast to go” at Finn’s, where you can add baked stuffed lobster, salmon or lobster rolls. All orders are per person, served cold with reheating instructions. Delivery is available on Thursday morning for those living within a 5-mile radius. finnsharborside.com/media/file/feast-to-go-menu.pdf.
- Cowesett Inn, West Warwick allows you to either pre-order a meal or order on the actual holiday. You can order the traditional feast and add on appetizers, dessert and even half-priced bottles of wine. cowesettinn.net/orderonline
- All of Fresco’s locations — East Greenwich/West Warwick/Cranston — are open on Thanksgiving for both dine-in and take-out, including cocktails and wine. No pre-ordering necessary. frescori.com
- Vanda Cucina, Warwick offers the classics as well as some Italian favorites for groups as small as 4 or as large as 12 (don’t tell Gina). You can take and bake, or get it hot. vandacucina.com
- Luigi’s Restaurant and Gourmet Express, Johnston has a plethora of flexible ordering options and so many delicious meals from which to choose. You can order through 1pm on Monday, November 23rd through their website: luigisholidaymenu.ecwid.com
- Terrazza, Smithfield has a full meal, including dessert, for pre-order. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to have someone else do the dishes, Terrazza is also open on Thanksgiving; reservations a must. terrazzari.com
Something different, if you’re so over the traditional Thanksgiving meal:
- Salvation Café, Newport – If you want something truly unique with loads of choices and you’re a last-minute-Larry, this is a great choice. The cut-off for orders is Tuesday, November 24 at 8pm, and the menu looks spectacular with nary a turkey to be found. instagram.com/p/CHqlglTHF5a
- Hucks, East Greenwich – Hucks’ cuisine has a Southern flair and their Thanksgiving menu follows suit with items like cornbread stuffing, bourbon pecan pie and sweet tea or mulled wine to wash it all down. Send orders to email@example.com.
- Plant City, Providence – If turkey is the least important part of your Thanksgiving meal, Plant City has created a sumptuous plant-based menu with plenty of options. Orders will be accepted through noon on Monday, November 23.
- Celestial Café, Exeter – Itching to cook the turkey so you can have the smell in your kitchen but not up for all those side dishes? The chefs at Celestial Café are offering an a la carte menu of creative side dishes and dessert items including pumpkin and butternut bisque, brussel sprouts with bacon, blue cheese and herbs and stuffed mushrooms. Call 295-5559 or email info@celestialcaferi to order. celestialcaferi.com
- Sin, Providence offers a variety of traditional and not-so-traditional gourmet Thanksgiving sweet treats. sin-desserts.square.site
- Ocean State Sweets is a newcomer to the baked goods scene. If you don’t want a whole pie (or, like me, don’t like pie), Ocean State Sweets offers a fall assortment, which has two dozen dessert items to round off your holiday meal. Orders accepted through Monday, November 23rd. oceanstatesweets.com
If you own a business, or know of one we neglected to include, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list.